BGA Member Code of Conduct
The Blockchain Game Alliance (BGA) is a coalition of game and blockchain companies committed to advocating for blockchain technology within the game industry since it offers significant opportunities for innovation. The BGA provides an open forum for stakeholders to share knowledge and collaborate on research which fosters new ways to create, publish, play and interact with games.
Our ultimate goal is to help spread the integration of blockchain technology by raising awareness about its opportunities, encouraging common standards and establishing best practices for the industry.
We expect our members to adhere to this Code of Conduct in any BGA related conversations and on any BGA-managed platforms at all times.
We want this to be an educational, pleasant, and harassment-free community for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of members in any form. Members asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
The BGA manages a private, members only Discord server and may manage other members only services. If you wish to nominate someone for membership, please direct them to the membership application form on the BGA website.
All members are required to set their nickname to the following format to ensure members and administrators know with whom they are conversing
NAME – COMPANY [where relevant]
Advertising services to BGA members or soliciting investment is strictly forbidden other than where specified or with prior agreement of the BGA board.
We expect members to be respectful at all times. Inappropriate content includes:
- NSFW content
- Personal attacks
- Harassment (see below)
- Political debates
- Religious debates
Please keep what’s said in private BGA services confidential. Don’t repeat or quote things said without the affirmative consent of the speaker(s).
Please be mindful that things you say in private BGA services may at some point become public. While we expect members to honor the confidentiality of this space, we cannot guarantee that they will do so–nor can we guarantee that every member’s login credentials and logged-in devices are secure. Please exercise caution and refrain from sharing sensitive information that could harm you or others if it became public.
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.
- Deliberate misgendering or use of ‘dead’ or rejected names
- Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behavior in spaces where they’re not appropriate
- Simulated physical contact (e.g. textual descriptions like “hug” or “backrub”) without consent or after a request to stop.
- Threats of violence
- Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm
- Deliberate intimidation
- Sustained disruption of discussion
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease
- Publication of non-harassing private communication
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact the relevant admins or BGA board members. They’ll respond as promptly as they can.
We will respect confidentiality requests for the purpose of protecting victims of abuse. At our discretion, we may publicly name a person about whom we’ve received harassment complaints, or privately warn third parties about them. We will not name harassment victims without their affirmative consent.
Members asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a member engages in harassing behavior or in any way breaks this Code of Conduct, the BGA may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the BGA and identifying the member publicly as someone about whom we’ve received complaints.
Credits and License
This code of conduct is based on Annalee Flower Horne’s Sample Slack Code of Conduct, which is in turn based on Geek Feminism’s Community Anti-Harassment Policy. We have adapted the Sample Slack Code of Conduct for our own use under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License.